KPI Dashboard with Dynamic Parameters

Recently I introduce app for manage business activities in Salesforce
One of the module in the application is KPI Dashboards. 
It provide the ability to set up KPIs for any data type in the organization, build dashboards based on those KPIs, schedule it and distribute the results to users. 
Some questions that I was facing is if/how it is possible to run dashboard with dynamic parameters. For example - build dashboard with account parameter and run it every time for different account. 
Indeed such option was missing, so I added it.

For this example I'm using 4 KPIs related to opportunity and opportunity product, each result is split to quarters.

  1. Counting closed opportunities
  2. Sum the opportunities amount
  3. Calculate average days it took to close
  4. Counting the products solds

In the app I created those 4 KPI Setup.
Notice that each have filter with Account Id equal <empty value>, as I want to send it as parameter later.







Next, I created dashboard with those 4 KPIs, added audience and set my user as recipient.




Finally, clicked on button Schedule to run the calculations and here I added the new checkbox - Use Dynamic Parameters. Checking it will show list of available filters according to the KPIs Setup filters.


I can set different values for each KPI, or use the same value for all (that are using the same field filter). This is my case - I want to filter all the KPIs according to the same account.






After few minutes the process completed and I got email with link to view the dashboard result.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Retire of Permission on Profiles

If you are working as a Salesforce admin/developer you've probably heard somewhere that Salesforce is planning to make a significant cha...